2017年5月23日 星期二

2017畢業成果發表會 英語脫口秀1 博物館懷舊之旅: Window to the Past

◎博物館懷舊之旅: Window to the Past
發表學生:吳奕澄、涂曜顯、黃翊涵、劉俐均

發表內容:
結合與物品歷史有關的英語專題研究,編寫出這齣英語脫口秀的腳本,以博物館作為背景,介紹撲克牌的由來,與美國流行文化代表的漫畫人物歷史。













Window to the Past

Machine - (push button) Poker cards. Some people think that poker cards were evolved by “Tarot”, because Tarot also has 4 patterns.   
撲克牌。有些人認為撲克牌是由塔羅牌演化而成的,因為塔羅牌跟撲克牌一樣有四種花色。
Visitor 1- Stop! This is too boring, and I don’t understand!
停!這太無聊了,而且我聽不懂!
Machine- I know. I don’t want to repeat the same thing every time either.
我知道啊。我也不想要每次一直重複一樣的事情啊
Visitor 2- Then tell me something interesting about poker cards.
那你就告訴我一些跟撲克牌有關的事情吧。
Machine- See the letters? And see the faces? Do you know what they mean?
看到那些字母跟圖案了嗎?你知道它們代表什麼嗎?
Visitor 1- That’s what I’m here for. Tell me.
這就是我來這裡的原因啊。告訴我吧。
Machine-  K stands for king, Q stands for queen and J stands for Jack, which means knight, too…
K代表國王,Q代表王后,J代表騎士。
Visitor 2 -I said it’s too boring! So tell me about the pictures on the cards.  Do they each really represent a real person in history?
我已經說了,這很無聊!告訴我跟卡片上的圖片有關的事情吧。他們真的各自代表一個歷史人物嗎?
Machine- Yes, you’re right.  Spade K is David, Heart K is Charlemagne, Clubs K is King Alexander, and Diamond K is Caesar the Great.  
恩,你說對了。黑桃K是大衛,愛心K是查里曼,梅花K是亞歷山大大帝,而菱形K是凱薩大帝。
Visitor 1- (Yawn) I’m so sorry. You’re putting me to sleep. But thank you for all the information.  
對不起,但是你讓我想睡了。不過謝謝你告訴我這些資訊。
Machine- Wait, wait, there must be something that you don’t know. Did you notice the knife going through the King’s head?
等等,一定有什麼事情是你不知道的。你有沒有發現有一把刀子穿過國王的頭
Visitor 2- Yeah, I always wondered what happened to this king.Is he trying to end his life?
有啊,我常常在想這個國王到底發生什麼事了。他是不是再試著結束他的生命呢?
Machine- No, it’s just a mistake made by the printers.
不是啦,這只是印表機列印時出錯而已。  
Visitor 1- Oh, that’s interesting!! Are there more mysteries?
~真有趣!還有其他有趣的事嗎
Machine - Hmm… Do you know why poker cards have two colors?
...你知道為什麼撲克牌有兩種顏色嗎?
Visitor 2 - Because there are two players?
因為有兩個玩家嗎?
Machine - No, red stands for daytime and black represents the night.
不。紅色代表著白天,而黑色則象徵著黑夜。
Visitor 1- That’s neat.
  
Machine - And why are there 52 cards?  
那為什麼有52張牌呢?
Visitor 1- I know!  I know!  52 cards mean 52 weeks in a year.
我知道!52張牌象徵著一年有52周。
Visitor 2 - I also know the four kinds of patterns represent 4 seasons.
我還知道四種不同的花色代表四個季節。
Machine -You’re right!  
你說對了!
Visitor 1 - Thank you for all the information.
謝謝你告訴我們這些資訊。
VIsitor 2 - Yes, we learned a lot today.
恩,我們今天學到很多東西。
Machine - Wait, don’t go. Here’s some little souvenir for you. (The machine hand the visitors a string of cards) Don’t forget to visit me again.
等等,先別走。這些是給你們的紀念品。別忘了要再來拜訪我喔!
Visitor 1- Thank you. (Walk away with Visitor 2)
謝謝。
Visitor 2 - That poor, lonely machine. It has no friends.  Still, it really opened our eyes.
那個孤單、可憐的機器。他沒有任何朋友。不過他讓我們大開眼界。
Visitor 1 - Yeah, I didn’t realize poker cards had so many stories behind them.  Let’s move on to the next invention.
恩,我以前都不知道原來撲克牌涵蓋了這麼多故事。我們在去看下一個發明吧。

Machine wipes his eyes with a handkerchief as the visitors walk to statues of Superman and Spider man.
Machine- Don’t forget to visit me again!  Bring some friends too!
別忘了要再來拜訪我喔!記得帶一些朋友!
Spiderman- A man in underwear?  I can’t believe you walk in the museum like this.
穿著內褲的人?我不敢相信你穿著這種衣服在博物館裡走動。
Superman- They’re not underwear, they’re shorts!
它不是內褲,是短褲!
Spiderman- I want to know who your creator is.  Who would make a man wear underwear?
我真想知道到底是誰創造你的。誰會創造出一個穿著內褲的人啊?
Superman- I’ll tell you one last time, they’re shorts! And I want to know who created you, too.
我已經說了,這是短褲!而且我也想知道誰創造你呢。
Spiderman- Why?  Is there anything wrong with the way I am?
為什麼?難道我這樣有什麼問題嗎?
Superman- Hmmm, sticky spider thread? That’s gross!
恩!黏黏的蜘蛛~噁心!
Spiderman- Shh. People are coming.
安靜!有人來了!
Visitor 1- Is that Superman from DC? He’s so cool.
?那是DC的超人嗎?他好酷喔!
Visitor 2- Oh, and look at Spiderman. I want to take a picure with him.
诶诶~你看看蜘蛛人。我想要跟他合照!
Visitor 1 (push Superman away) - Me too. (Visitor 1 hands Superman the camera)
我也要!
Superman- Say cheese.
  
Visitor 1 &2 - Cheese. Thank you (Superman returns the camera)
謝謝!
Visitor 1 - Hey, what do you know about the superheroes?
你知道什麼關於超級英雄的事情嗎?
Visitor 2 - I do know something about them. One day,  a man named Stan Lee saw a spider crawling on the wall. He got an idea for his comic book, “Spider Man.”
我的確知道一件跟他有關的事!有一天,一個名叫   的人看到一隻蜘蛛在牆上,於是他就有了關於他的新漫畫「蜘蛛人」的想法。
Visitor 1 - And I know Spiderman can cling to most surfaces and shoot spider webs to save people.
而且我還知道蜘蛛人可以攀爬在牆上,也可以發射蜘蛛網。
Visitor 2- He’s my hero. How about Superman? What’s his super power?
他是我的偶像~那超人呢?他有什麼特殊能力嗎?
Visitor 1 - I only know that he flies around in the sky in his underwear.
我只知道他會穿著內褲在天上飛。
Visitor 2 - Let me see. (Reading the introduction on a plate)
讓我看看~
Visitor 2 - Wow! He is a superhero of DC comics, created by Jerry and Joe in 1933. He appeared earlier than Spiderman.
~他是DC裡面的超級英雄,而創造者      1933年時創造了他。他比蜘蛛人還早出現喔。
Visitor 1 - Oh, check out his abilities: flight, extrasensory powers, x-ray vision, freezing breath.  With these abilities he defeats a lot of bad guys.
你看他的特殊能力:飛行、超能力、   。他用這些超能力打敗很多的壞人。
Visitor 2 - No wonder he has always been considered an American Cultural Icon.
難怪他一直被稱為美國的文化指標。
Superman- See! People know me too.
看吧!他們也認識我~
Spiderman- But they didn’t take a picture with you.
但他們沒有跟你合照啊~
Superman- That’s becuase they already have my life size poster in their room.\
那是因為他們已經在家裡放我的海報了。
Spiderman- You wish!  Shhh! Someone’s coming. (pose)
想得美~安靜!又有人來了~


沒有留言:

張貼留言