2017年5月24日 星期三

2017畢業成果發表會 英語脫口秀2 博物館未來之旅( Door to the Future)




博物館未來之旅: Door to the Future
結合與未來科技有關的英語專題研究,編寫出這齣英語脫口秀,介紹瞬間移動的最新科技,以及腦波控制的電腦,如何為人們帶來意想不到的新生活方式。




Door to the Future
Vicky: Welcome to Yi-Xing Museum, “The Door to the Future.” Can you imagine life in the future? In this museum, you’ll find a lot of original technology from the future.
歡迎來到義興博物館,你能想像未來的生活嗎?在這個博物館裡,你會看到很多先進的科技。
Visitor 1: Wait a minute. Do you mean we can go to the future today?
等等,你是說我們今天就可以去未來世界嗎?
Visitor 2: Stop interrupting, I want to start the tour now!
別再打斷他了,我想要開始參觀了!
Vicky: First, observe this machine. Do you know what this is? It’s teleportation, a kind of transportation. It can take you anywhere in just a second!
首先,觀察一下這台機器。你知道它是什麼嗎?這是瞬移機器,一種運輸的機器。它可以在一秒內就把你送去你想去的地方。
Visitor 1: Teleportation sounds like “Television” and “Station.”
瞬移聽起來像電視跟車站。
Visitor 2: How can television take us somewhere in a second?
電視怎麼可能把你送去你想去的地方?
Visitor 1: Of course it can’t. He means the station can take us around. Have you heard of a place called “the train station?”
當然不行啊。他是說車站可以帶我們去想去的地方。你有沒有聽過火車站這個地方?
Vicky: May I continue the tour?
我可以繼續嗎?
Easy: No. You’re making them misunderstand the whole invention. I will finish the tour.
當然不行,你讓他們混淆了!我來代替你當導遊。
Vicky: No, this is my job. You need to listen to me.
不,這是我的工作!你必須聽我講!
Easy: Okay, but do it better this time. I will be watching you. Don’t get it wrong, okay?
好吧。但做好一點,我會盯緊你的。別再講錯了,知道嗎?
Vicky: The first idea came from a famous sci-fi movie called "The Fly." In that movie, an actor used the teleportation to go to another place. The way to do it is to break down the particles of the body and put them together in another place safely.
這個機器最初的想法來自於一個很有名的電影「變蠅人」。在這部電影裡,男主角使用瞬移去他想去的地方。而瞬移就是分解身體的各個部位,然後再把它們組合在另一個地方。
Visitor 2: Break down the body?
把身體拆掉?
Easy: Nooooo. It’s called quantum entanglement. You normal people can never understand this advanced technology.
...它被稱為量子糾纏。你們這群普通人永遠不會了解這個先進的科技。
Visitor 1: We don’t need to understand. That’s your job. But I do know one thing.  It can save a lot of time.
我們又不需要了解。這是你的工作。但是我知道一件事,它可以節省很多的時間。
Visitor 2: And you can spend more time sightseeing and trying the local food like stinky tofu and stinky eggs, instead of traveling.
這樣我們就可以有更多的時間觀光,以及品嘗當地的食物,像是臭豆腐跟皮蛋,而不是將時間浪費在交通上。
Vicky: Well that’s not the point of teleportation.
那不是瞬移的目的。
Visitor 2: Well that stinks.
真是的...
Visitor 1: But isn't teleportation expensive?
但瞬移不是很貴嗎?
Easy: Actually, we have a lot of teleporters now which are cheaper than plane tickets!
其實,我們已經有很多比機票還便宜的瞬移機器了!
Vicky: Thank you, Easy. Now, everybody follow me to the next invention. [Going to the next invention]
謝謝你,Easy。現在,大家跟著我去看下一個發明。
Vicky: This machine is like a helmet, but it is not a simple helmet. It is a Thought-Controlled Computer!
這看起來像一個安全帽,但它不只是安全帽,它是用心智去控制電腦,簡稱心控電腦!
Visitor 2: How does it work?
它要怎麼運作啊?
Easy: First, let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a little kid.  He wanted to eat a cheeseburger, but he was too tired to talk.  He thought about the cheeseburger again and again.  Nothing happened.  So he thought: “I’m going to make a Thought-Controlled Computer!” You’ve probably had the same experience.
先讓我告訴你一個故事。從前從前,有一個小男孩,他想吃起司漢堡,但他累得不想說話。他一直想著起司漢堡,但什麼都沒發生。所以他想:我要做一個心控電腦。你們應該也有類似的經驗。
Visitor 1: Yes! When I wanted a good score on my test, I thought about it again and again, but it never happened.
沒錯,每次我想要得到好成績時,我都會在心裡一直祈禱,但每次都沒發生。
Easy: But we found a way - a special helmet. Just put it on your head and think about what you want and nothing else.
但我們想到了一個方法,一個特殊頭盔。只要把它放在頭上,然後心裡只想著你想要的東西!
Visitor 2: Like a cheeseburger.
例如:起司漢堡!
Vicky: The helmet then scans the part of your brain which is sending waves, and the computer creates a 3D image of the cheeseburger.
然後這個特殊頭盔會掃描你的大腦,觀察大腦哪一部分正在運作,然後再畫出起司漢堡的3D影像。
Visitor 1: Nice! But it’s just an image, not a real cheeseburger.
讚啦。可惜它只是影像。
Easy: So then you smell a cheeseburger from a McDonalds nearby.  That McDonalds recieves a message and sends a cheeseburger.
接著你就會聞到麥當勞裡起司漢堡的香味,麥當勞收到訊息,然後送來一個起司漢堡!
Visitor 2: “I smell a cheeseburger!”
我聞到起司漢堡了!
Visitor 1: “Me too!  Give me the helmet! I want to try. “French fries, a coke, and an apple pie!”
我也是,給我那個帽子。「中薯,大杯可樂,再加一個蘋果派!」
Vicky: I’m sorry, this is only for cheeseburgers.
我很抱歉,不過這只適用於起司漢堡。
Visitor 2: What kind of invention only lets you have one thing?
哪個鬼發明只讓你點一個東西啊!
Easy: Why would you want anything more than a cheeseburger?
為什麼你會想要其他東西呢?
Visitor 1: Because I want to eat different things every day, not just fast food.
因為我不想要每天只吃速食啊!
Easy: Do you know how long it took me just to get a cheeseburger?!
你知道光是點一個起司漢堡就讓我花費多少心思嗎?
Vicky: Don’t upset the inventor.  Our museum needs him.  
請別激怒我們的發明家,我們很需要他。
Visitor 2: This is so disappointing.
這太令人失望了。
Vicky:  And please don’t tell anyone about this.  
請別告訴任何人。
Visitor 1: I feel like going home.  (talking to visitor 2) This is getting weird.  What a strange museum.  Let’s go.
我想回家了。這個奇怪的博物館越來越詭異了。走吧。
Easy: (calls after them) Have you tried our computer-controlled toilet right next to the exit?
你試過我們的電腦控制馬桶了嗎?在出口的右邊喔。
Visitors 1 and 2: Good bye!
拜拜囉。








沒有留言:

張貼留言